SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT – SCM
The course introduces the concept of supply chain management based on the idea that contemporary world is a network, network of links between people, companies and economies. In business interconnected companies are called supply chains. Supply chains enable local, regional and global material flows. They improve cost-efficiency, competitiveness, customer service level and many other aspects of business activity. The learning outcomes in the course include:
- supply chains definition, challenges they are facing and benefits they bring,
- methods and tools used in risk analysis and supply chain analysis, including VSM, SIPOC diagram, Lean Canvas Business Model, IDEF0, Petri nets,
- sustainability trend and the ways it can be incorporated into supply chain strategy,
- methods of cost reduction, including Reducing Total Supply Chain Lead Times and Manufacturing Lead Time, ABC analysis, Inventory management, Accurate Forecasting as well as power of IoT, VR and Big data,
- typical logistics strategies, including traditional inventory management, MRP, JIT, Lean and many others,
- the aspects of logistics affected by the pandemic and the ways companies dealt with them.